Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Can Microsoft Exchange 2007 / 2010 Unified Messaging handle extensions that start with a "0"?

As some of you have probably come across 2 of my previous posts:

Can Microsoft Lync Server 2010 handle extensions that start with a “0”?

http://terenceluk.blogspot.com/2011/02/can-microsoft-lync-server-2010-handle.html

Can Microsoft OCS 2007 R2 handle extensions that start with a “0”?

http://terenceluk.blogspot.com/2011/02/can-microsoft-ocs-2007-r2-handle.html

I’ve mentioned in one of those posts that Exchange 2007 / 2010 can indeed have Unified Messaging mailboxes with extensions that start with a “0” but never really showed it.  Not long after publishing those 2 posts, I’ve been asked if I can write another post to sort of prove that I have indeed tried it and that it works so this post will serve just that.

Here’s the user I created in Lync and assigned the extension “0123”:

image

I then went to enable the account for messaging and then Unified Messaging assigning the extension “0123”:

image

Once I had the account configured, I went ahead to call the extension “0123”:

image image

The test account’s Lync client rings:

image

From here, I chose to redirect the call to voicemail:

image

My call window shows I’m connected to the test account’s voicemail:

image

There you have it.  I got to the test account’s voicemail and was able to leave a message.

Here’s a screenshot of what the snooper trace looks like:

image

No comments: