Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Resource Mailbox Configured to AutoAccept stops working / does not work

I was asked by a client today to look into an issue with their resource mailboxes that stopped auto accepting calendar booking requests from users a month ago.  After carefully reviewing the settings for the resource mailboxes, creating new ones to test and also moving arbitration mailboxes to other mailbox stores without any luck, I finally stopped and thought that maybe I should check the Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Assistants (MSExchangeMailboxAssistants.exe) service because the description clearly states the following: Performs background processing of mailboxes in the Exchange store.

To make a long story short, the service was indeed stopped:

image

Once the service was restarted, all of the queued up resource mailbox calendar bookings began to get processed.  I’m writing this blog post because while performing searches on the internet, none of the first 5 results I searched for pointed towards checking the service.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it was simple as this! This was on the 3rd page of a google search! Microsoft, social TechNet, ExchangeGuru all had me jumping through many hoops and all I had to do was start a service!

Thank you!!!

Brian

Anonymous said...

Same here. I was going through all the settings on the room mailbox and they looked right and then I hit this and sure enough the service was stopped. Thanks for posting.

JB

Anonymous said...

This is good unless the Service is running, which is on my case. What also did you find you can do about it?

Anonymous said...

Ooooh... Just this !
Thank you so much !

Anonymous said...

Same issue today...I'm Lucky to read your article ! Service was down ! Thank you very much !

Anonymous said...

Thx 1000X Glad there is great people like you that are willing to share and help others.

We fixed the issue. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

After days of troubleshooting it came down to a stopped service. The shame.

Thank you so much Terence, this resolved my issue

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this! It was very helpful!!